Subject: Re: [amos-list] New Amiga's
From: Arash Tavakoli <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:00:12 +0200

From: Arash Tavakoli <[email-masked]>

On 15-Jun-99, Scooter D. Matott sXe wrote:

> one question about the ppc, whose developing it??  
> 
> Not IBM, not Motorola, certainly not Apple... 
 
IBM *_and*_ Motorola :)

They're resolving the differences in architecture of IBM's standard and
Motorola's AltiVec instruction set with their "Book E" project.

> Anyway, I don't want to get the list involved in
> this kind of banter, my only real point is that portablility will be key
> to any new OS and the Amiga will happily have that, we should stop
> worrying about what kind and clock speed processor the thing will run on
> and start asking about what software it will run. 
 
I agree... I don't really care what processors are chosen as long as the NG
miggy's do the job and do it better than wintel platforms:) (which should be
an easy task:)

Viva Amiga :)

Kind Regards,
Arash Tavakoli

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make your voice heard!
http://www.onelist.com
Sign up for the ONElist Weekly Survey.  Go to homepage for details.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html